Testdate: 31st May 2015 (Sunday)
Timings: 23.6.2015 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 Noon (Reporting time 9.30 A.M.)
Indian Nationals securing$ at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale#(55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10 point scale in case of SC, ST) in
(i) BSc / BSc (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time*;
B E / B Tech or equivalent from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2015 test.
# CGPA other than 10 point scale will be converted to 10 point scale based on unitary method.
$ Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2015 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing the examinations during the academic year 2014-15. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET-2015 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than 15-9-2015, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
*Students who have completed/completing degree BSc / BSc(Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
• Conversion from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted.
The percentages of marks in qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET-2015 for deciding eligibility.
NIMCET-2015 test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice questions covering the following subjects.
Multiple Choice Questions will be written in English Language only and will not be translated into any other language.
|1. Mathematics||50 questions|
|2. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40 questions|
|3. Computer Awareness||10 questions|
|4. General English||20 questions|
Qualifying Criteria for Allotment of Rank
A Candidate securing zero or negative marks either in Mathematics or Total Marks in NIMCET-2015 test will be disqualified.
Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET-2015 test, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
1. The marks obtained in Mathematics, Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1½ , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
2. Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate. In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness.
3. In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
4. Fresh Choice filling and final round of allotment: After third round of reporting, vacant seats in all Participating NITs will be published in the website https://nimcet2015.nita.ac.in on 16-07-2015. Candidates who were not allotted any seat from first to third round of allotment and those who have surrendered their seats are only eligible to fill fresh choices from 17-7-2015 to 18-07-2015 for final round of allotment. Final round of allotment will be done on 21-7-2015 and candidates, who are offered seats in this round, must report to the allotted institute between 22-07-2015 and 28-07-2015 to attend the classes.
Eligible candidates as per section 2.0 are required to fill-in web enabled on-line application form from any place of their convenience. Candidates are required to register themselves in the website https://nimcet2015.nita.ac.in by giving their username and password. One time password (OTP) will be send to applicants mobile number at the time of registration process which need to be entered in the log-in page. The same mobile number of the applicant will be used for future communication from NIMCET-2015 office. Candidates are not permitted to create multiple Id’s.
Username: Username must be a string containing at least six alphanumeric characters with first two and last two characters as alphabets. No special characters are allowed.
In case of any problem, they are advised to contact
Secretary, NIMCET-2015, National Institute of Technology Agartala, Agartala – 799046, Tripura (W). E-mail: email@example.com
NOTE: This is tentative list of test centers. If enough number of candidates do not opt for a particular centre that centre may be cancelled and then center chosen as second choice will be allotted automatically.
a) Read carefully the instructions to fill in online application form as described in section 6.0. in this brochure.
b) Applicants should retain the same mobile number till the completion of the admission process through NIMCET-2015.
c) They are also required to take hard copy (a print out) of the generated application form, enclose all relevant documents (Please enclose photocopy of both sides of mark sheets) and send it by speed post / registered post to the following address along with copies of mark-sheetsand passcertificates of SSC/10th class and Bachelor’s Degree along with payment receipt of processing fee (Rs. 1,800/- for open / OBC category and R900/- for SC/ST category). Applications should reach by speed-post or registered-post on or before 20th April, 2015 [ 5 pm]
National Institute of Technology- Agartala
Barjala, Jirania, TRIPURA (W)
Post Office: NIT Agartala
Applications received after due date and time will not be considered. NIMCET-2015 is not responsible for any postal delays and hence candidates are advised to post the filled-in application with all necessary documents and payment receipt well in advance before the last date i.e., 20-4-2015. Rights are reserved by NIMCET-2015 for any change in this regard
The non-refundable processing Fee for NIMCET-2015 test and counseling for admission to the MCA programme is Rs. 1,800/- for OPEN/OBC category and Rs. 900/- for SC/ST category candidates.Candidates have to deposit an appropriate amount relevant to their category.
Candidates are required to deposit the processing fee through NIMCET 2015 website only. The print out of the payment receipt need to be sent along with generated application to NIMCET-2015 office.
Print the Check list given below and mark (✔) in the box for compliance of each and send it along with the generated application form, payment e-receipt and other documents.
In case, not applicable for (iv) or (vi) below, specify “NA “in the box.
1. Generated Application Form signed at the bottom of each page and at the Signature place of the Declaration part.
2. Payment through State Bank collect as processing fee for NIMCET-2015 worth (a) Rs. 1,800/- for Open/OBC, or (b) Rs. 900/- for SC/ST
3. Copies of Mark sheets of (a) SSC or 10th Class or equivalent and (b) qualifying Degree 4. If applicable, Category Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format given in Annexure I and II of this brochure. 5. If applicable, Persons with Disabilities Certificate issued by Competent authority in Annexure III of this brochure. 6. Certificate issued by head of the institution in case of candidates appearing for their final examination in the academic year 2014-15.(see annexure-IV for performa of certificate)
|1.||Opening date for online login creation and submission of Online Application form||Monday 16th February, 2015 [10 a.m.]|
|2.||Closing Date of Online Login Creation||Monday, 6rd April, 2015 [5 p.m.]|
|3.||Last date for online submission of application||Monday, 6th April, 2015 [11.59 p.m.]|
|4.||Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form along with requisite DD by speed post/Registered post||Monday, 20th April, 2015 [5 p.m.]|
|5.||Availability of Admit card on web for download||Friday, 8th may 2015|
|6.||Date of Publication of Result (Tentative)||Wednesday, 10th June 2015|
This notification / information has been taken / reproduced from the newspaper / website of the respective institute. Gupta Classes is no where responsible for the authenticity of the information given here in