Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join State Bank of India as a Probationary Officer, is required to register online for the Recruitment Process. The examination will be held in two phases - preliminary and main. Candidates who will qualify in preliminary examination and shortlisted will have to appear for main examination and shortlisted candidates in the main examination will subsequently be called for a Group Discussion & Interview. Prospective candidates will have to apply after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examinations and interview, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed application fee/intimation charges, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc.and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
SC ST OBC* GEN TOTAL OH VI HI TOTAL
351 231 590 1028 2200 20 20 20 60
Backlog vacancies detailed as under have been included in the above mentioned total vacancies.
SC ST OBC* TOTAL
47 79 42 168
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2016 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1986 and not later than 01.04.1995 (both days inclusive).
Relaxation of Upper Age Limit:
Sr. No. Category Age Relaxation
1. Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe 5 Years
2. Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) 3 Years
3. Persons With Disabilities (PWD) PWD (SC/ST)- 15 Years
PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
4. Persons ordinarily domiciled of the state of Jammu
& Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 - 5 Years
5. Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including- 5 Years
Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final Year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2016. Candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2016. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
Selection will be based on Preliminary Exam, Main Exam (Objective Test, Descriptive Test), Group Discussion & Interview. There can be a slight variation in the vacancies this year. Official notification for vacancies is yet to be released by SBI. We will update the same here once it is officially declared.
Candidates have to pay Rs.600/- (Application fee including intimation charges) for General & Others, Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only) for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, Fee can be paid through Online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking..
Candidates have to pay Rs.600/- (Application fee including intimation charges) for General & Others, Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only) for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, Fee can be paid through Online mode by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking.
1. Before applying online candidates first scan their photograph and signature.
2. Log on through the website www.sbi.co.in -> Click on Career with us.
3. Now open the appropriate Online Application Format available in the “Careers with us”.
4. Fill the application carefully with all the details. Once the application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data.
5. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen.
6. Candidate should note down the registration number and password.
7. Candidates can re-open the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed
8. After submission of online application form, proceed to Fee Payment.
9. Pay the prescribed fee through online mode in the respective bank.
10. On successful completion of fee payment process, registration of the online application will be complete.
11. After completion of registration process, take print out copies of application form and e-receipt for future use.