There are set of rules and regulations which have to be fulfilled by applicants in order to appear for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The criteria are as laid down by CBSE. Participants who are interested in pursuing teaching careers are advised to go through the details furnished below:
• Applicants must be a citizen of India to be eligible for CTET .
• There is no age restriction, however, candidate must be minimum 17 years of age.
• Candidates will have to fulfill different eligibility according to their wish to be a Primary or Elementary Teacher.
• TThe basic eligibility for CTET is a graduation or a 2-year diploma in elementary education with minimum 45-50% marks.
CTET Eligibility: Educational Qualification
CTET Eligibility requirements are stated below as per primary or elementary stage.
Academic Qualification for Primary Stage (Class 1 to 5)
• Applicants must have passed senior secondary exam or its equivalent with at least 50% marks.
• They must secure at least 45% marks in higher secondary exam and should have passed the final exam of 2- year diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with NCTE regulations, 2002.
• An aggregate of at least 50% in higher secondary exam must be obtained.
• They must be appearing for or have passed the final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
• Minimum score of at least 50% marks in senior secondary must be obtained.
• Individuals who have done their graduation and have passed or are appearing in the final year of 2 year Diploma in education will also be eligible.
The educational qualification required for appearing in CTET elementary stage is given below. Candidates having any one of these qualifications will be eligible for the exam..
• Participants should have done their graduation.
• • They must have secured at least 50% marks in graduation degree and should pass the 1-year Bachelor in Education program.
• Applicants must obtain no less than 45% marks in graduation degree.
• They must have passed senior secondary with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
• They should be in the final year of 4- year B.A/ B.Sc.Ed/ B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed having passed higher secondary with 50% marks.
• Aspirants should have completed their graduation with at least 50% marks and are appearing in 1-year B.Ed course.
• CCandidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled category will be given a relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks.
• A Diploma/Degree course in teacher education must be recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), while Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED (Special Education), should be recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
• Candidates having D.Ed (Special Education) qualification have to undergo a 6-months Special Programme in Elementary Education, recognised by NCTE. This training would be held after the appointment.
• The minimum qualification mentioned above is applicable in case of teachers of Languages like Social Studies/Social Science, Mathematics, Science etc., whereas teachers for Physical Education will have different qualification norms mentioned in NCTE Regulation, November, 3. 2001. For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. the existing eligibility norms prescribed by the State Governments and other schoo managements shall be applicable.
• Candidates pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI) mentioned in the NCTE Notification of July 29, 2011 are eligible for appearing in the CTET.
• • If candidates are allowed to appear in CTET, it does not mean that their eligibility has been verified. Their eligibility shall be finally verified, by the concerned recruiting agency/appointing authority.