Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian Armed Forces, it has released Indian Air Force Recruitment Notification 2018. Indian Air Force Exam for Group X & Y is around the corner. You must be searching syllabus to start your preparation. Indian Air Force is the air arm belonging to Indian Defence Forces. It is very popular among youth. The best way to avail this opportunity is to be thoroughly prepared. This article on Indian Airforce Group X and Y Syllabus will give you an insight of topics like English, Physics, Mathematics, Reasoning and General Awareness.
The Exam will be conducted in 3 phases:
Phase – I : Objective Test.
Phase – II : Physical Fitness Ability Test.
Phase – III : Medical Examination.
If you qualify the first round, you will receive a new admit card on your registered e-mail ID for Phase – II test.
The subjects in Indian Air Force Groups X and Y syllabus are as follows:
1.Passage: A short passage followed by four questions to test comprehension (understanding of the passage, drawing inference, understanding of vocabulary).
2. Grammar I: Verb concord, Forms of verbs and errors in the use of verbs, Sequence of tenses and errors in the use of tenses, Transformation of sentences – Compound, Complex, Simple, Negative, Affirmative, Comparative degree, Positive degree, Superlative degree etc.
3. Grammar II: a. Formation of words – Nouns from verbs and adjectives, Adjectives from nouns and verbs, Adverbs from adjectives
c. The Preposition
d. Nouns and Pronouns
e. The Adjective
f. The Adverb
g. The Conjunction
h. The Modals
i. Clauses – Noun clauses, Adverb clauses of condition and time and Relative clauses
4. Vocabulary : a. Synonyms and Synonyms in context b. Antonyms and Antonyms in context
c. One word substitution
d. Spelling pitfalls
e. Simple Idioms/phrases
f. Words often confused/Selecting the correct word fitting in a sentence
5. Narration (Direct and Indirect) : a. Commands and requests
b. Statements (Various tenses)
c. Questions (Various forms of questions, tenses, etc.)
6. Voice (Active and Passive) : a. Changes required under each tense.
b. Other conditions for transforming Active into Passive: The Preposition, Modal auxiliaries, Infinitive, Participles
7. Jumbled Sentences : Arrangement of jumbled sentences into meaningful ones.
1. Physical World and Measurement
3. Laws of Motion
4. Work, Energy and Power
5. Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body.
7. Properties of Bulk Matter
9. Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases.
10. Oscillations and Waves
12. Current Electricity
13. Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
14. Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
15. Electro Magnetic Waves
17. Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
18. Atoms and Nuclei
19. Electronic Devices
20. Communication Systems
1. Sets, Relations and functions
2. Trigonometric Functions
3. Inverse Trigonometric Functions
4. Complex Number and Quadratic Equations
5. Linear Inequalities
6. Mathematical Induction
7. Permutations and Combinations
8. Binomial Theorem
9. Sequences and Series
10. Cartesian system of rectangular co-ordinates
11. Straight lines and family of lines
12. Circles and family of circles
13. Conic sections
14. Three-dimensional Geometry
15. Matrices and Determinants
16. Limit and Continuity
18. Applications of Derivatives
19. Indefinite integrals
20. Definite Integrals
21. Applications of the Integrals
22. Differential Equations
23. Mathematical Reasoning
24. Linear Programming
A. Reasoning (Verbal and Non- Verbal)
1. Numerical series.
2. Distance and Direction sense Test.
3. Mathematical Operations
4. Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test.
5. Assign Artificial Values to Mathematical Digit.
6. Inserting Correct Mathematical sign.
7. Human relation.
8. Coding & Decoding
9. Odd man out.
10. Mutual relation problems.
11. Tallest, youngest relations.
12. Dictionary woods.
14. Non- Verbal reasoning.
15. Number coding.
16. Number Puzzle.
1. Ratio and Proportion.
3. LCM & HCF.
4. Profit and Loss.
5. Time, Distance and Speed.
7. Simplifications of Numbers.
9. Area of triangle, Square and Rectangle.
10. Surface Area and volume of Cuboids, Cylinder, Cone and Sphere.
12. Simple Trigonometry.
1. General Science (biology of human body, organic chemistry, etc.)
2. Civics (polity, constitution of India, etc.)
3. Geography (lakes, river, waterfalls, irrigation and agriculture, etc.)
4. Current Events (days, events etc.)
5. History (Indian freedom struggle, viceroys, governors, dance, music and fairs, etc.)
6. Basic Computer Operations (computer and mobile technology)